Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

This book was "trippy" I felt like I had been drugged, seriously. I was listening to the Audio book. And one second the main character has just started at a new school, and the next she is being pulled uncontrollably towards the windows in her class because they are singing to her. Luckily a classmate grabs her tells her that if you touch the windows you will be brutally disfigured and maybe killed because there is some kind of monster living in the windows....I was seriously like "what?" This book is that crazy. But it was sooo GOOD! So her school has to wear earplugs all day so they cannot hear the windows, the pictures in her books talk to her, she can still talk and see her dead father, who helps her out of problems as if he is still there. She has a bird necklace that comes to life whenever she is in danger or tries to hurt herself.  Her mom is a complete Bitch and she just tried to kill her Aunt...and don't let me forget to mention, you can make wishes on her boyfriends door knocker.  While all of this crazy stuff is going on, she is not your normal main character either. She is a little on the psycho side and needs medication, wants to go fight the demons that live in her new town (which only the chosen boys do), there are magic doors that only certain people can see and use to travel around different dimensions.
        My opinion: This is one of the most Unique books I have ever picked up. It was completely crazy and wonderful and I did not put it down once. I pushed most of my work aside for the day and just enjoyed this story. I had a wonderful day and cannot stop thinking about this one. I only recommend this book to more mature teens as it has some sexual content.
      I am on pins and needles to see what comes out next with this Author Dia Reeves, I believe her next book is called A Slice of Cherry and out in 2011. I am incredibly excited to see what she comes up with next.

Comments