Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick VS Fallen by Lauren Kate

I was worried about picking up another book on Fallen angels. After I had gone through a huge book by Lauren Kate (Fallen) I was worried that maybe there is just not a good story behind angels that would entice me to read another. But as this one (hush hush)  was about half the size (of Fallen), I decided to give another angel book a shot before I had made up my mind that I am not team Angel.
       I do not regret reading this book (hush hush). It had a great dialogue, I was laughing out loud in some parts, and that is rare for me. This book had a lot of different stories going at the same time, weird things happening that the main character is trying to figure out. Lots of secrecy and death, stalking and people getting beat up. It added an extra element to the story that I think Fallen was missing. I know I should not compare these books to each other as different authors wrote them, but I cannot help myself since they have so many similarities and I have not published a post yet on Fallen, I am combining my post now.
       Both books are about a high school aged girls. A mysterious boy and secrets surrounding him. Both of the boys Daniel in Fallen and Patch in hush hush are kinda flirty with the girls, but also irritating. Both of the main characters are determined to find out more about the boys and the secrecy that surrounds them.
     Fallen by Lauren Kate - Her book has this whole feel to it that everybody at her school is in on a big secret they give off small tidbits of information throughout the book, that they know each other and she (the main character) is the only one that can't seem to remember any of them...but they all (the other kids and staff) seem to remember and know each other, they give the information out so slyly and slowly that in this long book, the story starts to drag and you just want something big to happen already, which doesn't until the end. But then the end is really great.
     Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick- The girl is not surrounded by secrecy until she starts to be nosey and look into the boys past, after she thinks he's stalking her. She does not automatically like the guy and takes her time to slowly begin to like him as the secrets are revealed. There is a lot of action in this book, something new happens every chapter or couple of chapters to keep the story entertaining and full of details and dialogue that moves the story along at a fast pace. There is twist at the end, and it's a shorter read than Fallen. I think that Fallen would have been better if it were shorter and had more dynamic dialogue and events happening.

      What did you think of these books? I know that Fallen has a lot of readers and I am interested in what you thought of the "feel" of the book. I do not want to portray that I hated the book, I am interested to see where the story goes in Torment, but I just appreciated Hush Hush better. (my personal preference)
      What's Your Opinion?

Comments

  1. Anonymous10/27/2011

    i love fallen its much more gothic and twisted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/05/2012

    Man I thought fallen was an amazing book! I could not put that book down! N now I'm reading torment it's so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/22/2012

    I've read both, Fallen by Lauren Kate and Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, and I have to say that Hush Hush was a more enjoyable read. I love the dark, twisted gothic-ness of Fallen (that I haven't been able to find in Hush Hush) but Hush Hush was more thrilling. I think that you're right in saying that Fallen dragged on a little too long, with nothing much happening. It made it really difficult to keep reading. I loved both books, excellent genre. Excellent characters. Excellent authors. I would recommend both to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/11/2013

    Hush hush is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Fallen, but I prefer the series Hush, Hush because it has more action than the Fallen, but I think good to note that Fallen has a magnificent and surprising end, I know that because I have read the whole series. I recommend both series despite still being in the third book of Hush, Hush something tells me that the end will surpass all my expectations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8/27/2015

    I have just finished the Lauren Kate books, the first was very good, the three others difficult to undestand I didn t like. I'm going to read Hush Hush I hope it is better because the idee with angel is very interessant, and thought that Lauren Kate made "races" to do a lot of books. Caroline France

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?