Die for Me by Amy Plum


     Description from Goodreads.com
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

What I am going to admit off the bat here is that it was the romance factor that kept me reading. I am usually a little queasy when it comes to the young adult romances and all those triangles that end up in most books. But Katy and Vincent are going to hold a special place in my heart. I found that I was really emotionally invested in their story, and there was no triangle to interfere.
I really enjoyed all the side characters Grandparents, sister, Vincents "family". I even felt that I loved to hate the enemy. He was evil, you wanted to hate him, you wanted to see him get defeated. The enemy you love to hate.
And how much more romantic and historical is the fact that their story takes place in Paris. I loved the descriptions of the places they went and it gives a little more aesthetic feeling to the story.
I was really leaning towards 4 stars throughout most of the book, but I let the ending get me and when it ended I thought....I could keep reading this over and over.
So Romance, Mystery and Action all get my votes for an awesome story. And now for once I really do wish this one is part of a series, I'm not ready for their story to end.
http://www.amyplumbooks.com/


*possible spoilery statement*
Although you may have heard this book is a zombie story, and technically they do use that word in this book, my personal view was more of a reincarnation view than the dead walking (brain dead human eater kind)

Comments