Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith

                    
 



Description from Goodreads.com http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8718281
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and its prequel, Dawn of the Dreadfuls, were both New York Times best sellers, with a combined 1.3 million copies in print. Now the PPZ trilogy comes to a thrilling conclusion with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After.

The story opens with our newly married protagonists, Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam Darcy, defending their village from an army of flesh-eating “unmentionables.” But the honeymoon has barely begun when poor Mr. Darcy is nipped by a rampaging dreadful. Elizabeth knows the proper course of action is to promptly behead her husband (and then burn the corpse, just to be safe). But when she learns of a miracle antidote under development in London, she realizes there may be one last chance to save her true love—and for everyone to live happily ever after  Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After (Quirk Classics) 

The third book in the series we see Darcy turn into a Dreadful/Unmentionable right from the beginning and Elizabeth hands him over to Lady Catherine De Bourgh who in turn sends Elizabeth to London to procure the antitode.
Elizabeth's sisters and Father join her in the adventure and they find the ill-tempered Scotsman who can get the antitode. With some cunning, flirting and a lot of fighting this story is a lot more complex than the first. The chapters are very well paced, jumping from the girls's story in London and the creepy house where Darcy is being kep with his weird cousin Anne. The characters all become more developed and we get to see more of Mary and Kitty and who they are becoming in life.
I was glad to see that the mother did not make an appearance much in this book, she is written in as a real B if you know what I mean and I really did not like her much after the first 2 books. I really enjoyed seeing Kitty develop and I think she was my favorite character in this book.
The mix of Ninja fighting skills and the girls is really hilarious in itself. Of course for me any girl that is trained to kick butt and can still maintain some sophistication in heated situations gets an A in my book.
So far I think this is my favorite book in the series, the character development, and the fast paced story-line really kept me laughing and rooting for the girls to overcome not only the Zombies but everything that was in their way from finding the cure to England's infestation.

The basis of why I have been giving these books 4-5 star rating is that they are really a great story. The first book really just being a humorous version of Pride and Prejudice (with a twist). The second helps building of the characters and the setting. And the third is just tied up with lots of action, still some great humor and just all around Kick Ass girls with Ninja skills..there really is nothing else I could ask for in a good story. They are very entertaining. And I know I am not a little kid anymore, but I really enjoyed having the pictures thrown in every couple of chapters to add to the experience.

I wanted to say a note about the audiobooks as well. Because they may appeal to some of you more than reading the physical books. The narrator Katherine Kellgren maintains the Proper British accent throughout all three audiobooks and I really recomment you check them out even if it's from your local libray. You can get an example of the audiobook here: Audible.com
Thank you to Quirkbooks for the review copy Quirk Classics

Comments