The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen

photo and description from goodreads.com
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat.
A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha.
With the threat of Eryx looming, Jax has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?





This book was a weird one for me. I jumped into it loving the story, the characters and the fact that the evil Eryx was completely frightening. Even the main character Sasha is very likeable, and eventually even starts to learn some awesome magical tricks. But one thing that felt off to me was the love interest, Jax. he's described as gorgeous but with creepy eyes, not only that but he seems like kind of a creeper to me. He does have to protect her, but for just meeting somebody to living in the same town, going to the same school and him always knowing where she is and what she's doing felt weird for me. I guess I just didn't feel that same kind of attraction to him as she did. 
There are a lot of fantastic evil characters here besides Eryx. Her Aunt and Cousin are equally outrageous and I loved how evil they were. The emotions and actions that were portrayed through the evil-ness of these characters is what really kept me intrigued and reading further. The writing style is fantastic and very descriptive.
Some of the things that put me off of the story was the repetition of things. As part of the world building to understand how things work I did feel that I was being told the same thing over and over. Also as usual, my readers may have heard me talk about this before, but when it comes to sex in novels I really prefer less is more. I like it being left to the imagination of the reader instead of so much detail going on.

Comments