Favorite YA Series

This week I have decided to talk about some of my favorite series. I have not included "series" in which only the first books have been released, but have included series that have more than available for sale right now.
Cate Tiernan
Sweep Series
A few years ago I picked up the first three books when they were still individually sold. It was different for me because I usually do not pick up books that are this small and had so many in a series, I like to read big chunky books that I feel are really worth the money to purchase. But these were different, as I started into the series I could not stop reading. This is the first time I ever experienced what I call Book Crack. I read late into the night, couldn't sleep and ran to the store the next day to purchase more of the books. I soon came to find out that the books were going into re-publication with the newer black covers and I had to go to several different stores to locate all the books in the series. I had no idea when the newer versions would be released and I did not want to wait for an order online to come in. I visited 3 different stores in the same day on my quest to find the next book. I eventually did read the whole series within just a couple of weeks (15 books total)
They are so full of adventure and fantastic characters. The amazing part about these stories, is that you can tell how much research and knowledge went into the wiccan background, the spells the events the rules.
Description of First Bindup from Amazon.com
The first three Sweep books bound into one gorgeous edition at a fabulous price! Morgan Rowlands never thought she was anything other than a typical sixteen-year-old girl. But when she meets Cal, a captivatingly handsome coven leader, she makes a discover that turns her whole world upside down: she is a witch, descended from an ancient and powerful line. And so is Cal. Their connection is immediate and unbreakable; Cal teases out Morgan's power, her love, her magick. But Morgan discovers too soon that her powers are strong - almost too powerful to control. And she begins to suspect that Cal may be keeping secrets from her . . . secrets that could destroy them both.

I could not be more excited about the fact that they have again started to be released in the newest form of Bindups. Even though I own all the bindups that have been released and my original set, I still have a hard time not picking up these books every time I go to the store. Highly recommended if you enjoy witches, magical powers and some sexy guys.
Also by Cate Tiernan: Balefire
There are only 4 books in this series and they also have recently been put into one bind up. The same story above also applies to this one, I read all 4 books in one weekend and own the books separately as well as the bindup.

Description from goodreads.com
The whole Balefire series by Cate Tiernan is now in one edition.
After seventeen-year-old Thais Allard loses her widowed father in a tragic car accident, she is forced to leave the only home she's ever known to live with a total stranger in New Orleans. New Orleans greets Thais with many secrets and mysteries, but none as unbelievable as the moment she comes face to face with the impossible — an identical twin, Clio.

Thais soon learns that she and the twin she never knew come from a family of witches, that she possesses astonishing powers, and that she, along with Clio, has a key role in Balefire, the coven she was born into.
Fiery Clio is less than thrilled to have to share the spotlight, but the twins must learn to combine their powers in order to complete a rite that will transform their lives and the coven forever

Cate also writes under a pen name, but I have not read any other books by her by that name.
Her newest venture in YA is Immortal Beloved. The first book is out already and the 2nd book is due out in January. You will be hearing more about that series from me later on.

Stay tuned, I will be discussing more of my favorite Teen/Young Adult series books throughout the week.

Have you read any of the sweep series? Which is your favorite book? Who is your favorite character? Have you read them all?

Comments

  1. I have the last two bind ups of the Sweep series to get, last one comes out in the middle of Dec I think... I can't wait to start reading it.. Also have Balefire to read.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?