Covet by Melissa Darnell



Melissa really steps it up in this novel. I would trade this series in for Twilight Saga any day. This book made my top 5 list of 2012. I am not exactly sure where to begin without completely gushing.

Characters: This story is told more from Savannah's perspective than Tristan's even though we do still get to see the alternating perspectives. Savannah is experiencing the most changes in her life throughout the story and so the majority of the book is from her perspective, and it's one that the reader really does want to stick with for awhile.

Story: (Warning...this is book 2 in a series you will get spoiled if you read this paragraph)
Savannah experiences a loss in her family because of her actions with Tristan in the ending of the last novel. This causes turmoil in her life and she ends up moving into a new house. She has broken up with Tristan, and to make everything perfect, her vampire side is starting to take effect. Her every move is still being watched by the vampires and the Clann, but now she is also having threats on her life.

Writing:
The story had me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed reading Crave last year and re-read it again this year before I piked up Covet as a refresher. I was completely drawn in by everything that happens in the story. I hated to see Tristan and Savannah apart, but I admired the way that Savannah dealt with every single thing that seemed to be coming at her. I see the ability for her to be an amazing leader.
The author has this way of adding in that extra step to the plot at the perfect time that I literally did not want to put down this book.

I had a hard time not comparing things/situations to that of The Twilight Saga. It's something that I rarely do and was surprised that I was doing so. But I am going to say it, Melissa Darnell steps up the game. The romance was better, the twist and combination to the paranormal creatures was better and overall the maturity and growth of the characters was perfect. I recommend this one, I love this series and I really do not want it to end anytime soon.

Comments