Tiberius Found by Andrew Goodman





On his sixteenth birthday Daniel Henstock's parents are murdered and he discovers that his life, so far, has been a lie. He's been genetically engineered and those responsible want him back.

To survive Daniel has to run. And run hard. But it was never going to be easy or simple.

When his liberator is captured Daniel returns and puts his life on the line to re-pay the debt.


Since I had just watched Abducted recently, this book reminded me of that movie. It didn't have as many action scenes or life and death situations. But it did have international travels and the suspense of Daniel being just about to be found, again.

We get part of the story from varied characters. Daniel the teen on the run. Brennan, who keeps track of Daniel and reports back to Dryden. And of course the villain Dryden who wants nothing more than to see Daniel dead.

I was hoping that the story had a little more danger and fighting or getaway scenes in it. But it does have a lot of adventure and a great ending that leads to a continuation of the stories, possibility of a series? I liked the characters of Brennan and Dryden the most in the story. They stuck out to me, had emotion and drove the story.

Even though the story is focused on Daniel, I didn't feel I got to know him as a person. I hope that if the series continues that we can dig deeper into his background and Dryden's. Get them to have some more one on one confrontations, because that ending was pretty entertaining. I always love to see the main character have to fight their way out of looming peril.

It's a pretty clean read, and there is some futuristic technology.

Comments