All the Broken Pieces by Cindi Madsen


What if your life wasn’t your own?

Liv comes out of a coma with no memory of her past and two distinct, warring voices inside her head. Nothing, not even her reflection, seems familiar. As she stumbles through her junior year, the voices get louder, insisting she please the popular group while simultaneously despising them. But when Liv starts hanging around with Spencer, whose own mysterious past also has him on the fringe, life feels complete for the first time in, well, as long as she can remember.

Liv knows the details of the car accident that put her in the coma, but as the voices invade her dreams, and her dreams start feeling like memories, she and Spencer seek out answers. Yet the deeper they dig, the less things make sense. Can Liv rebuild the pieces of her broken past, when it means questioning not just who she is, but what she is?
Paperback  Published December 11th 2012 by Entangled TeenAll the Broken Pieces


This was one of those stories that I really was trying to call it the whole way.  Waiting for that moment to yell out "I knew It!"  But that never happened. It through me completely off guard with the direction it took and I have to say brava! for the awesome twist ending.

Although I was at times hesitant about the slower-paced unraveling of the plot, and found myself pushing through some of the repetitive and frustrating  "dates" that Spencer and Liv continued going on. I still give this book 5 stars and would recommend it to those that enjoy teen romance books with a bit of a thriller twist to it.

When Liv is moved away suddenly after an accident to a new town, she begins asking questions. Questions that her parents never give her a straight answer to. They whisper to each other and Liv cannot remember anything that happened before the accident. But she is having mysterious dreams about people she cannot remember..and a little sister. But where are they all now?

The social scene at school was actually something that I could relate to. I have a hard time relating to a lot of teen books because I never really experienced a lot of drama, bullies or the popular crowd as a lot of them contain. This one in-particular had a lot of characters that I knew in high school. It kind of hit home for me and I could understand the difficulties that both Liv and Spencer had to go through. 

I was appreciative that Spencer had just as much emotional/character growth as our MC Liv. The fun, witty and sometimes frustrating banter that went on between the two really drives the story. Back and forth emotionally I have to say this story really ended on a high note for me.




Comments